The benefits of chiropractic care are numerous. However, many people are unaware that the benefits go way beyond helping to reduce back pain. There are positive aspects of chiropractic that are less well-known but these health benefits could improve your life and overall well-being.
Benefits of chiropractic care include:
- It promotes natural recovery. Whereas most other therapies include the use of medications, surgical procedures or injections, chiropractic encourages your body to repair itself naturally.
- It's great for auto injury treatment. If you've been in a car accident, chiropractic is the best way to reduce the chance of chronic pain and prevent scar tissue from forming.
- It can boost your immunity. Studies indicate that chiropractic adjustments may lead to a down regulating of pro-inflammatory cytokines and a boost in antibodies involved in the immune response. Furthermore, chiropractic can increase the creation of leukocytes that support the white blood cells in fending off disease.
- Chiropractic is a great way to treat sciatica pain. If you sit for long periods of time, you can develop hip and leg pain. We have helped many patients find relief from sciatica pain.
- It can minimize digestive troubles. If you have a hard time with your digestive tract, frequent chiropractic appointments can often lessen symptoms.
- You sleep better. When you’re not encumbered by spinal pain, your quality of sleep improves, enabling you to feel more focused and full of energy.
- It can reduce your blood pressure. When the spine is out of place, body functions -- like your blood pressure -- won't be maintained properly, elevating your risk of developing health issues.
- It can improve your balance. The more durable and healthy the spine is, the less difficult it is to balance, potentially preventing a personal injury due to instability like a slip and fall.
- It can help you save money. A number of studies have found that regular chiropractic care is far less expensive than medical care, especially for back pain treatment.
Dr. Dale Patrick of Patrick Chiropractic in Raleigh has cared for many patients over the years, and loves sharing the benefits of chiropractic care. Give our office a call today at 919-790-2288 to schedule your appointment.
Alcantra, J and Mayer DM. The successful chiropractic care of pediatric patients with chronic constipation: A case series and selective review of the literature. Clinical Chiropractor 2008. 11 (3) 138-47.
Bakris G, Dickholtz M, Meyer PM, Kravitz G, et al. Atlas vertebra realignment and achievement of arterial pressure goal in hypertensive patients: a pilot study. Journal of Human Hypertension 2007;21:347-352.
Knutson G.A. Significant changes in systolic blood pressure post vectored upper cervical adjustment vs resting control groups: a possible effect of the cervicosympathetic and/or pressor reflex. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapy 2001;24(2):101–109.
McMasters KL, et al. Blood pressure changes in African American patients receiving chiropractic care in a teaching clinic: a preliminary study. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2013; 12(2): 55-59.
Pohlman KA, Holton-Brown MS. Otitis media and spinal manipulative therapy: a literature review. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2012;11(3):160-9.
(References provided by Ernst Chiropractic editorial staff)